Cooking Time 10 min prep, 30 min to harden, 5 min to finish
Servings Makes 8-10 balls
Health Benefit Healthy fats like Coconut oil have many health benefits*
I know, I see the word “Truffle” and it sounds fancy and intimidating, like “I could never make those!”
My friend Brisa Hennessy, blew us away, when she brought these yummy chocolate treats to a dinner one night. We were all impressed and really excited when she said how easy they were to make! I’m excited to share this simple and delicious recipe with you today that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Special thank you to my amazing sous chefs Adam, Tobias, and Wesley! The ocean, the gym, and the kitchen are three of our favorite places to spend quality time together. We truly LOVE being in the kitchen as a family!
A few words of encouragement before we get to the recipe. Don’t be intimidated by “home made” or “from scratch.” When you start to really own your health, you quickly realize how important it is to make your own food. The great news is that there are so many wonderful and SIMPLE recipes that you can learn and master. AND the even better news is that making your own food is usually much more affordable!
Alright, let’s get to it. And please note that finger-licking is highly encouraged 🙂
- ½ cup of melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup of 100% cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons of cold, creamy plant-based milk (we used Coconut)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Chopped nuts – almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios etc.
- Peanut butter, almond butter
- Cocoa powder, matcha powder
- Shredded coconut
- Dehydrated raspberries
- Crushed Pretzels
- If your coconut oil is solid, melt it in a microwave or stove top for 20 seconds or until it is in liquid form.
- If your cocoa powder has clumps, pre-sift it.
- Place coconut oil into a large bowl and add cocoa powder, maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Add the 6 tablespoons of cold milk and mix until fully combined.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for 10-30 minutes or until it is moldable. (It may look too solid but once you start molding it will soften like cookie dough.)
- Assemble your toppings (chop nuts etc.)
- Roll your chocolate into tablespoon sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the toppings or sprinkle/drizzle the toppings on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden and enjoy!
Finally, don’t be afraid of healthy fats – our bodies need healthy fats to function! And Coconut oil has many health benefits*
In the Optimize Health Course in my Unstoppable Life program, I talk with Dustin Dillberg about how small intentional changes in your diet can help you become more of a “qualitarian,” meaning we can practice great self-care by filling our bodies with quality foods. It is amazing how quality nutrition (like found in this recipe) can still satisfy that sweet tooth!
* Healthline: Top 10 Evidence-based Health Benefits of Coconut Oil