This soup is anything but average. Packed with nutrient rich veggies, broths, and nuts, the flavor of this soup is on point.
It doesn’t include any animal dairy, i.e. cream. Instead ingredients like cauliflower, macadamia nuts and coconut milk, work together to provide a rich creamy taste and texture. I believe our country as a whole needs to eat more plant based, so I hope this inspires you!
Speaking of macadamia nuts, while they are a big part of modern Hawaiian cuisine, they actually originate from Australia. Introduced to Hawaii in the 1800s, Hawaii has become one of the largest producers of the delicious nut, growing 90% of the worlds macadamia nuts. Loaded with micronutrients and healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, “Mac Nuts” and are a good source of fiber, vitamin B6, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, and zinc. Mac nuts are Tobias’ and my favorite!
This soup is perfect for a cold or stormy day, and sure to provide a great boost when you’re not feeling 100%.
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 2 cups Zucchini
- 2 cloves Garlic (one to cook and one to use raw)
- 1 Large Handful Parsley (stems included; don’t cook)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (dried rosemary would work as well)
- 2 cups Veggie Broth
- 1 Large Handful Macadamia Nuts (aka “Mac Nuts”) or Pine Nuts
- 1/2 can Full cream Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Bone Broth (I used homemade turkey bone broth, but any should work great)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flax oil is another great option
- 1-2 tsp Sea Salt, to taste
Cook veggies, one clove of garlic and the fresh rosemary with veggie broth until tender at a lower heat. Do not overcook in order to preserve the nutrients.
Combine with all other ingredients in blender; blend till smooth!
Re- heat if you need to.
Top with favorite nuts, seeds, or sprouts.
*I like sprouted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. Home sprouted mixed sprouts is what you see here. And, we like hot sauce or Sriracha on top!
p.s. Optimizing your health is one of the topics we cover in the Unstoppable Year online course. Learn more.