Hot Carob Milk is my go-to bedtime snack! I started doing a bedtime snack a couple years ago and I feel like it’s helped me sleep a lot better.
I guess I put out a lot of energy throughout the day and I need to put a lot back in and nourish myself. So one of my routines that has helped with this is making warmed up milk before bed. This is just my favorite recipe right here! 😁
It’s like Hot Chocolate, but with a fun twist!
My secret ingredient? Carob Powder! I love the flavor of it and it doesn’t have any caffeine!
I also love to add in Primal Kitchen’s Unflavored Collagen Peptides because the collagen is so helpful for keeping our hair, nails, and skin strong and healthy! And since they are unflavored, I don’t even taste them in the milk.
This recipe is super simple. It takes me less than a couple minutes and really gets me ready for bed!
Can’t wait for you to try it! Here we go:
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (preferably raw, locally sourced and from grass-fed cows!)
- 2 Tbsp (or half a scoop) Primal Kitchen Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Carob Powder
- 1-2 Squirts of Organic Honey
- 2 Marshmallows
- Pour the milk in the warmer and stir in the collagen peptides. If you don’t have a warmer, you can heat it in a pot on the stove (just make sure you keep the burner on low heat and keep stirring it!).
- While the milk is warming add the salt and carob powder.
- Add the honey. I usually do 1-2 generous squirts, but I suggest sweetening it to your taste.
- Once the milk is hot and all mixed together, pour it in 2 mugs, add the marshmallows and enjoy!
Yum! I hope you sleep so well! 😴
P.S. Check out all my Primal Kitchen Foods faves here and get 20% off your order of $40 or more with coupon code BETHANYSFAVORITES! If you make this recipe, share a pic with me at #bethanystylehealth