Start out with a Back-to-Back Wall Sit
- Use each other’s backs as the wall. It’s a little tricky to get into! But it’ll really help you work on your balance and stability.
- Stand back to back with your friend and slowly lower down together so both of your knees are at a 90 degree bend. Lean against each other to Stabilize and challenge yourself to hold for 60 seconds.
The next move is a Squat with Band Twist
- Each person holds the end of a workout band.
- Stand facing each other the length of the band. Your stance should be hip width apart.
- Squat down and as you come up pull the band into your body and twist.
- Do this move for a couple of minutes on one side, then switch arms.
- You’ll be feelin it in your legs, arms and core!
Next is Squat with Ball Toss
- Adding a ball toss to squats makes it more fun! We’re using a weighted ball for a little extra challenge.
- As you catch the ball, squat down and as you toss it, stand up.
- Pass and catch for a couple of minutes.
Next is a Russian Twist with Ball
- Sit on the ground in a reclined position with knees up, back to back with your friend.
- Engage your abs and pass a ball from side to side as you twist. Use a weighted ball for added challenge.
- Do this move for a couple of minutes and feel your abs and obliques getting stronger.
Now we’ll do some Foot Throws
- This move is killer for strong lower abs.
- Lay on your back while your friend stands over you, and Hold on to their ankles for stability.
- You’ll raise your legs up to their hands, and your friend will push your legs back down toward the ground.
- The key here is to resist letting your feet touch the ground using your core and be sure to keep your back flat to the ground.
- Alternate your throws left, center, right to engage different muscle groups.
- Challenge yourself to do as many as you can before switching!
Next is Sit up – Stand up
- For a lower intensity version, do a basic sit up or crunch, while your partner supports your feet.
- To take it up a notch, try standing up after the sit up, like I’m doing in the video.
- Aim to do this using your muscles and not your momentum
- Start at 10 reps and do more if your feeling good!
Let’s finish off with a Sprint
- You can time each other or race. We’re gonna race!
- The fun part about having a friend with you, is that you can get a little competitive and push each other!
I hope this week you’ll invite a friend to workout with you. It’s always fun to catch up and feel great after a challenging workout.
Like this workout? Have questions? Share with me at #bethanystylehealth
p.s. Optimizing your health is one of the topics we cover in the Unstoppable Year online course. Learn more.