Tobes & Wesley love baking, especially when it comes to cookies! 🍪
Hey, Adam here! We wanted to share with you one of our favorite cookie-cutter recipes!
These are such a fun treat to make with your kids (or anyone!) and a great way to get festive for any special occasion! We make them for Bethany’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, Christmas and sometimes at other times of the year when we want a yummy treat.
I grew up making these cookies at my grandma’s house all the time and it’s really fun to re-live those memories when making them. Now we get to share those special moments with our kids and make new memories too!
Here’s a video of us making these treats at Christmas time: HubbyCam Ep 7.
Chocolate Cutout Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 2 c. flour
- (Optional) Frosting/Icing or Sprinkles
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and salt together at medium speed. Add yolks, water, vanilla and cocoa. Beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour.
- Shape into a ball, wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out in desired shapes.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 8 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Frost and add sprinkles if desired.
…you know what to do from there 😋
Cheers to yummy chocolate cookies and special moments with our loved ones!
-Adam (Bethany’s husband)