This is one of our boys’ most requested breakfasts or snacks!
We like it too, especially when it’s hot out! Acai is a popular dish you can get out and about in Hawaii, but it’s originally a Brazilian dish. The first time I had it was on the beaches in Brazil when I was there for a surf competition…and I was hooked! It’s SO delicious!
Originally shared in HubbyCam Episode 9, watch here.
Adam’s Acai Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup Frozen Coconut Milk
- 4 packets of Unsweetened Acai (We use a local brand, Tambor)
- 2 Frozen Bananas (or more!… we actually used frozen Guava this time)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 Big Handfuls of Spinach (sneaky greens… you can’t even taste it!)
- 1 Cup of Milk (non-dairy is fine too)
We like to blend in a scoop or two of Collagen protein*, and sprinkle Bee Pollen on top for more nutrients!
Blend. Pour into bowls or cups.
Add your favorite toppings and ENJOY!!
*Many of these type products are available through a company I partner with, NOW Foods!
Unfamiliar with acai? Here are 5 health benefits of the Brazilian “superfruit”…
- They’re Nutrient-Dense. Acai berries have a unique nutritional profile for a fruit, as they’re somewhat high in fat and low in sugar.
- They’re Loaded With Antioxidants.
- They May Improve Cholesterol Levels.
- They May Have a Possible Anti-Cancer Effect.
- They Could Boost Brain Function.