If you have the energy at the end, repeat the set or add on your favorite movements or activity.
- For this one, pretend you’re sitting on a chair, feet hip width apart, back flat against the wall and knees in a 90 degree angle.
- Make sure to keep your weight in your heels and drop your arms to your side, or gently lay your hands face up on your knees.
- Yes this one is awful good, and no it never gets easier!
- Push yourself and try to hold it aiming to reach 2 minutes! You CAN do it!
- Start laying face down on the ground with arms stretched out in front of you.
- Raise one arm and opposite leg, stretching up and away through your body.
- Make sure to keep neck long and eyes looking ahead of you, point and reach your toes.
- When alternating, Hold each side for 2 seconds then release and go to the other side – do it 20 times (10 on each side)
- Next, hold both arms and legs out at the same time, you really want to reach and elongate. and hold this for 30 seconds.
Upside Down Super Girls
- Just flip over to your back, lift your arms straight up to the sky and lift your booty off the floor. Adjust your shoulders and Balance only on your heels and shoulders.
- This one hits every set of muscles from your shoulders to your heels, and it’s really great for your posture and to counteract slouching. A.k.a. beautify your posture!
- Do this twice, holding for 30 seconds each time.
Side Leg Lifts
- Start with your arms straight out at shoulder height, lift your leg up with a controlled steady movement.
- You’ll want to make sure the inside of your thigh doesn’t rotate out.
- Start with a flexed foot for 10 reps on each side, then go to pointed toes for 10 reps on each side. Having a pointed toe lengthens your muscles.
- If you like this move, you might want to try a barre class!
- Start with your feet a little wider than your hips and slowly drop your booty back and down while holding good posture with your upper body.
- I like to extend my arm out and up for added challenge.
- If squatting is hard for you, practice over a chair or bench sitting up and down without using your hands.
- To kick it up a notch, do a squat jump.
- Do at least 25 squats or squat jumps and challenge yourself to do more!
- Start standing straight, holding good posture, and stand tall like you’re being stretched up to the sky from the top of your head.
- Extend both arms out, with thumbs up, and activate your shoulder blades.
- Then circle your arms in 6 inch rotations.
- Try 40 forward circles, with palms facing down then 40 backward circles, with palms facing up
- Our hips get a lot of forward or backward motion from walking, running, sitting, standing. so this one will loosen them up and improve hip mobility.
- This one is a little tricky to explain, so just watch and learn.
- As you step, Twist at the hip and stay light on the balls of your feet.
- Do this for a couple minutes. It may take a while to get the hang of it.
Challenge is good for us all, so I hope you pushed yourself and are feeling great. Remember to stretch and cool down after an intense workout!
Like this workout? Have questions? Share with me at #bethanystylehealth
p.s. Optimizing your health is one of the topics we cover in the Unstoppable Year online course. Learn more.