We made this for a birthday party dessert, and everyone LOVED it!! Enjoy!
– 6 Apples (organic if possible)
– 1/4 cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds
– 1/4 cup Butter (can substitute w/Coconut Oil)
– 1/4 cup natural brown sugar (or better yet, sub. w/ agave, honey or maple syrup)
– 1/4 cup currants or raisins
Core the apples – making lots of room in the center for the stuffing. Mix all of the other ingredients in a small bowl, until well incorporated.
Stuff the center of each apple with the raisin nut mixture, pile it high on top until all of the raisin nut mixture is used.
Butter (or oil) a rectangular baking dish, and pour 1/2 cup of pure water at the bottom of the pan.
Place the apples in the pan. Bake for approx. 1 hour – basting with the water every 20 minutes or so.
Each apple can be cut in half to serve 2.