We love to eat healthy as you all know. There are so many new superfood crazes out there right now…which one do you choose?!? We can’t eat all of them!
One superfood that we find valuable to include in our diets is Chia seeds.
Check out these facts about one of our favorite superfoods:
- Chia seeds are a quick and easy-to-use source of protein, healthy fats, dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants;
- The benefits of chia seeds mainly come from its high omega-3 content;*
- Chia seeds also contain high amounts of phytochemicals and flavonoids, which can help in cancer and autoimmune disease prevention;*
- Chia seeds may promote weight loss and reduce your risk of chronic disease.*
Health Warrior is a company that Bethany has partnered up with this year. We agree with their philosophy that better health starts with the right ingredients. What we love about their company is that they prioritize superfoods as the FIRST ingredient in ALL of their products!
You have to try their chia bars – only 3g of sugar per bar!! This is the kind of bar we’re stoked to allow our son to snack on – one full of nutritious ingredients! (They also have some delish pumpkin seed bars)
Other ways to use chia seeds:
– as a pudding (see Coconut Chia Seed Pudding recipe in Bethany’s book Body and Soul),
– in a breakfast bowl (see our Coco-Chia-Nana Bowl recipe)
– in a topping or a spread,
– in place of breadcrumbs on meat and fish.
Get some chia in your diet!