Surfing has been a way life for Bethany since she was able to get on a board. Coming back from her attack, Bethany currently surfs in the ASP Qualifying/Star Series which leads into the ASP World Tour (Major Leagues). She has found solid success therein but truly looks to make her mark as a professional surfer. Below is a list of Bethany’s top finishes from 2003-2010.
2010 –Bethany currently ranks 20th on the 2010 ASP Women’s Tour.
• Oct 7-11: WCT- Rip Curl Pro at Portugal: 9th Place
• Aug 23-29: Cabreiroa Surfing Girls at Pantin-Spain: 19th Place.
• Aug 10-15: Billabong Women’s Azores Island Pro at Sao Miguel-Azores Islands: 13th Place
• Aug 2-7: Hurley US Open of Surfing at Huntington Beach, CA- USA: 25th Place
• May 12-16: Swatch Hossegor Pro at Hossegor, Landes-France: 19TH Place
• May 7-9: Estoril Billabong Girls at Guincho, Cascais-Portal: 19th Place
• Mar 15-21: Drug Aware PRO at Margaret River, Australia: 25th Place
• Jan 9-17: The Billabong World Junior Championship at Sydney, Australia: 9th Place
• Finished 14th on ASP’s World Qualifying/Star series rankings
• Nov 27-28: WCT- Gidget Pro: 13th Place
• October: Rio Surf International in Rio de Janiero, Brazil: 3rd place
• July 18-19: Nike 6.0 Junior Pro: 9th Place
• July 22-25: Hurley US Open of Surfing: 13th Place
• May 1-3: Estoril Billabong Girls Pro: 25th Place
• May 30-April 5: Drug Aware Pro: 25th Place
• April 7-15: Women’s Pipeline Pro Fundraiser for Girl Scouts: 17th Place
• Jan 3-6: Billabong ASP World Junior Championship – AUS: 2nd Place
• Finished 14th on the ASP’s World Qualifying/Star Series Rankings
• Nov 12-23: Reef Hawaiian Pro – Alii Beach, Haleiwa, Oahu, HI, USA: 17th Place
• Oct 1-12: Rio de Janeiro International – BRAZIL: 9th Place.
• July 31-Aug 3: Billabong Girls Cascais Festival – Cascais, PORTUGAL: 13th Place
• July 23- 26: US Open of Surfing – Huntington Beach, CA: 5th Place
• June 30- July 5: Mr. Price Pro – Durban, SOUTH AFRICA: 25th Place
• June 17-21” Billabong ECO Surf Festival – BRAZIL: 19th Place
• April 7-12: Drug Aware Pro West AUSTRALIA: 13th Place
• Mar 31-April 5: Midori Pro – NSW, AUSTRALIA: 37th Place
• Mar 10-15: Arrive Alive Central Coast Pro NSW, Australia: 9th Place
• Jan 21-27: Roxy Pro Surf Festival – Phillip Island, AUS: 3rd Place
• Dec 26-27: Roxy Pro Hawaii (trials) – Sunset Beach, Oahu: DNQ
• Nov 12-14: Reef Hawaiian Pro – Haleiwa, OAHU, HI: 13th Place
• July 25-28: Honda/Oneill US Open of Surfing – CALIFORNIA: 13th Place
• Jul 1-10: Mr. Price Pro- Dairy Beach to New Pier in Durban: 25th Place
• Mar 18-21: NSSA Regionals: 5th Place
• Mar 8-17: Midori Pro – AUSTRALIA: Round of 72
• Mar 2-7: Women’s Pipeline Championship: 4th Place
• NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist: 5th place
• Competed on the ISA Hawaii Team.
• Hawaii Team Highlights: 4th at Brazil event and 5th at World Games event in USA.
• Champion in NSSA National Competition
• Champion O’Neill Island Girl Junior Pro tournament.
• Jan: First competition with one arm: NSSA Regional Event: 5th place
• NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist
• NSSA National Championships: 2nd place
• Nov 26, 2003 (26 days after the shark bite): Returned to surfing with only one arm