Surfing has been a way life for Bethany since she was able to get on a board. Coming back from her attack, Bethany currently surfs in the ASP Qualifying/Star Series which leads into the ASP World Tour (Major Leagues). She has found solid success therein but truly looks to make her mark as a professional surfer. Below is a list of Bethany’s top finishes from 2003-2013.
2013 –Bethany currently ranks 44th on the ASP Women’s World Ranking.
• August 2: Supergirl Pro in Oceanside, CA-USA: 9th Place
• March 19-25: Telstra Drug Aware Pro in Margaret River, WA-AUS: 9th Place
• July 25-Aug 26: MWT- Rip Curl Padang Cup in Bali, Indonesia: Quarter-Final Finish (First woman to compete in this specialty barrel-riding event. Won her first heat!)
• April 19-25: WCT- Rip Curl Women’s Pro at Bells Beach, VIC-Australia: 13th Place
• Oct 7-11: WCT- Rip Curl Pro at Portugal: 9th Place
• Aug 10-15: Billabong Women’s Azores Island Pro at Sao Miguel-Azores Islands: 13th Place
• Jan 9-17: The Billabong World Junior Championship at Sydney, Australia: 9th Place
• Finished 14th on ASP’s World Qualifying/Star series rankings
• October: Rio Surf International in Rio de Janiero, Brazil: 3rd place
• July 18-19: Nike 6.0 Junior Pro: 9th Place
• Jan 3-6: Billabong ASP World Junior Championship – AUS: 2nd Place
• Finished 14th on the ASP’s World Qualifying/Star Series Rankings
• Oct 1-12: Rio de Janeiro International – BRAZIL: 9th Place.
• July 31-Aug 3: Billabong Girls Cascais Festival – Cascais, PORTUGAL: 13th Place
• July 23- 26: US Open of Surfing – Huntington Beach, CA: 5th Place
• April 7-12: Drug Aware Pro – West AUSTRALIA: 13th Place
• Mar 10-15: Arrive Alive Central Coast Pro – NSW, Australia: 9th Place
• Jan 21-27: Roxy Pro Surf Festival – Phillip Island, AUS: 3rd Place
• Nov 12-14: Reef Hawaiian Pro – Haleiwa, Oahu, HI: 13th Place
• July 25-28: Honda/Oneill US Open of Surfing – CA, USA: 13th Place
• Mar 18-21: NSSA Regionals: 5th Place
• Mar 2-7: Women’s Pipeline Championship: 4th Place
• NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist: 5th place
• Competed on the ISA Hawaii Team.
• Hawaii Team Highlights: 4th at Brazil event and 5th at World Games event in USA.
• Champion in NSSA National Competition
• Champion O’Neill Island Girl Junior Pro tournament.
• Jan: First competition with one arm: NSSA Regional Event: 5th place
• NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist
• NSSA National Championships: 2nd place
• Nov 26, 2003 (26 days after the shark bite): Returned to surfing with only one arm