Surfing has been a way life for Bethany since she was able to get on a board. Coming back from her attack, Bethany currently surfs in the ASP Qualification Series which leads into the ASP World Tour (“Major Leagues”). She has found solid success therein but truly looks to make her mark as a professional surfer. Below is a list of Bethany’s top finishes from 2003-2014.
2014 –Currently ranked 53rd on the ASP Women’s World Ranking.
• 1st Place: SURF N SEA PIPELINE PRO – North Shore, Oahu-Hawaii
• 9th Place: Supergirl Pro – Oceanside, CA-USA
• 9th Place: Telstra Drug Aware Pro – Margaret River, WA-AUS
• Quarter-Final Finish: MWT- Rip Curl Padang Cup – Bali, Indonesia: (First woman to compete in this specialty barrel-riding event. Won her first heat!)
• 13th Place: WCT- Rip Curl Women’s Pro – Bells Beach, VIC-AUS
• 9th Place: WCT- Rip Curl Pro – Portugal
• 13th Place: Billabong Women’s Azores Island Pro – Sao Miguel-Azores Islands
• 9th Place: The Billabong World Junior Championship – Sydney, AUS
• Finished 14th on ASP’s World Qualifying/Star series rankings
• 3rd place: Rio Surf International – Rio de Janiero, Brazil
• 9th Place: Nike 6.0 Junior Pro
• 2nd Place: Billabong ASP World Junior Championship – AUS
• Finished 14th on the ASP’s World Qualifying/Star Series Rankings
• 9th Place: Rio de Janeiro International – BRAZIL
• 13th Place: Billabong Girls Cascais Festival – Cascais, PORTUGAL
• 5th Place: US Open of Surfing – Huntington Beach, CA
• 13th Place: Drug Aware Pro – West AUSTRALIA
• 9th Place: Arrive Alive Central Coast Pro – NSW, Australia
• 3rd Place: Roxy Pro Surf Festival – Phillip Island, AUS
• 13th Place: Reef Hawaiian Pro – Haleiwa, Oahu, HI
• 13th Place: Honda/Oneill US Open of Surfing – CA, USA
• 5th Place: NSSA Regionals
• 4th Place: Women’s Pipeline Championship
• 5th place: NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist
• Competed on the ISA Hawaii Team.
• Hawaii Team Highlights: 4th at Brazil event and 5th at World Games event in USA.
• Champion in NSSA National Competition
• Champion O’Neill Island Girl Junior Pro tournament.
• Jan: First competition with one arm: NSSA Regional Event: 5th place
• NSSA National Championship: 18-and-under Finalist
• NSSA National Championships: 2nd place
• Nov 26, 2003 (26 days after the shark bite): Returned to surfing with only one arm